Bastille

Survivin'

A Man Has Died From Eating Too Much Black Licorice

Black Licorice

(Image by martaposemuckel from Pixabay)

A Massachusetts man has died from eating too much candy. The candy in question was black licorice, and the 54-year-old man had eaten a bag and a half of the candy every single day for about three weeks.

Black licorice contains glycyrrhizic acid, which can raise blood pressure, cause low potassium levels and imbalances your electrolytes. Black licorice isn't the sole food with glycyrrhizic acid in it though. You can find it in jelly beans, licorice teas, and more.

Keep in mind that this is an extreme case, but it is a good idea to enjoy candy in moderation.

For more info, read The AP's article.

Recently Played

Follow Us On Facebook

Like Us On Facebook Like Us On Facebook